Preparing goods for storage
- Blankets, Draperies and Clothing - have blankets, draperies and
out-of-season clothing cleaned, then pack them, still on the hanger,
in our wardrobe box.
- Books - pack them flat, not standing on end (which may cause
damage to the spines). Books are extremely heavy, so do't pack too
many inone box or mix them with fragile items.
- Lawn Mowers - drain gasoline and oil from all small engines.
- Mirrors and Pictures - large works should be stored in our specially
designed picture boxes. Smaller pictures can be wrapped in bubble
wrap or packing paper and stored in boxes with clothing or linens.
- Furniture and Tables - remove legs and disassemble to conserve
storage space. Wrap with furniture pads to protect from soil and scratches.
Tape the legs together for storage.
- Photos - old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat,
place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together.
Acid free cardboard works best. Do not store irreplaceable photos.
Negatives take up little space. Consider keeping them with you. NEXT>